( MAKES 16 )
Super with soup or salad or as a snack.
- Place the cheddar cheese and butter in a food processor and mix until well combined. Sift the flour, salt and paprika into a bowl. Add to the food processor together with the parmesan and milk. Mix well.
- Tip the mixture onto a clean bench and gather it into a ball. Knead until smooth. Cut into two equal portions. Wrap in film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Dust the bench with a little flour. Roll out one portion of the dough to 5mm thickness. Using animal-shaped biscuit cutters, cut out shapes and place on the baking paper. Add currants for the eyes. Repeat with the second portion of dough. Any scraps can be kneaded together, rolled and cut into shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Store in airtight containers.
See more of Jan's cooking with kids recipes