( SERVES 4 )
Serve chicken with a green salad, aioli and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Tips: Add 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast (savoury yeast flakes) to the crumb mixture for added flavour and nutrition.
Take care when cooking the chicken that your pan is not too hot as it will burn the crumb. Turn lower if necessary, to finish cooking the chicken.
- Place the hemp seeds, almond meal, onion powder and herbs on a large plate and mix to combine.
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon water.
- Using 1 hand, dip a piece of chicken in the egg, then place on the crumb mix. Coat well using your other hand. Place crumbed chicken on a plate as you go. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to coat the bottom. Place over medium heat and when the oil is hot, place in the crumbed chicken. Try not to overcrowd the pan. Cook in batches if necessary. Turn chicken once browned and brown the other side. Cook chicken schnitzel for about 5 minutes until cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of your schnitzel. If you are not sure, remove a piece from the pan and cut to check.
- Serve hemp-crusted chicken schnitzel sprinkled with a little sea salt.
See more of Kathy's hemp recipes