Strawberry gin ice cream
( SERVES 8 )
If using a metal loaf pan, line it with baking paper.
- Place the strawberries in a saucepan with the caster sugar and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 8 minutes, until softened.
- Purée with a hand-held blender, until smooth. Stir in the gin. Cool.
- Allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
- Spoon 1/3 of the ice cream evenly over the base of a 1.5 litre loaf pan. Pat down with the back of the spoon. Drizzle with 1/4 of the cold purée. Repeat the layers twice. Using a chopstick, swirl the coulis through the ice cream. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Serve in slices or scoops together with the remaining purée and a few fresh strawberries — if preferred.
See more of Jan's spring thing recipes