Banana and bran muffins
( MAKES 12 )
Overly vigorous stirring of baking will make it a little tough, so go gently. These bran muffins are an oldie but a goodie. I like to eat them a little sticky and, lik emost baking, fresh is best. In saying that, these are also perfect for freezing and taking for lunches.
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Into a large bowl place the flours, baking powder and soda, sugar and bran.
- In another bowl, mash 1½ bananas, egg, milk, butter and golden syrup. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Slice the remaining half of the banana for the top.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Place a slice of banana on each top. Bake for 18 minutes until just soft to touch.
- Serve fresh, with or without butter.
See more of Angela's banana recipes