Rhubarb and raspberry muffins
( MAKES 15 )
These can be frozen. However, they need to be reheated in a conventional oven so the topping doesn’t go soggy.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly brush a 12-hole muffin pan with melted butter.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until well combined then add the buttermilk, raspberries and rhubarb. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the muffin holes and sprinkle with the topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
See more of Jan's rhubarb recipes