Cricket penne with creamy leek sauce
( SERVES 2 )
Very yummy. This high-protein 10 per cent cricket flour penne from Tomorrow Foods takes longer to cook than regular pasta.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the leek and wash well. Use the white and light green parts only. Halve lengthwise then thinly slice.
- Melt the butter on medium in a non-stick frying pan. Add the leek and season. Cook on low until tender about 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the cream and lemon rind. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Drain the pasta well and stir into the sauce.
- Garnish with lightly salted dried crickets, if preferred.
See more of Jan's recipes featuring new ingredients
- Unbaked hemp brownies
- Salmon crisps