Gurnard chipotle wraps
( SERVES 4 )
Any medium or firm-fleshed white fish is great in these wraps.Avocado season is in full swing at New World! And we’re gearing up to have lots available for your favourite spring & summer dishes. To make sure you get the best selection of fresh New Zealand Avocados, your local New World offers two ripeness options: look for firm (ready to eat in 3-4 days) or ripe (take home and eat tonight – our favourite!).
|2 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|2 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 serving||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
|3 drops||Chipotle sauce, or to taste|
|4 medium||Lebanese bread, or tortilla|
|4 large handfuls||Baby spinach leaves|
|1||Avocado, firm but ripe, halved, stone removed and peeled, sliced or chopped|
|1 small bunch||Coriander leaves|
|1 small bunch||Mint leaves|
- Mix together the smoked paprika and coriander. Season with a little salt and pepper, then rub over the Gurnard fillets.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and chipotle hot sauce.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. If you have a char grill, then heat that too.
- Place the Lebanese bread or tortilla in the hot pan or char grill and heat until warmed through and pliable. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
- Place the butter in the frying pan and heat until it sizzles. Add the Gurnard fillets and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until just cooked.
- To assemble, spread chipotle mayonnaise over the Lebanese bread or tortilla. Scatter over the spinach, then place on a fillet of Gurnard. Top with slices of avocado, the coriander and mint leaves. Squeeze over lime juice and serve straightaway.
See more of Kathy's simple dinner recipes