Roast vegetable loaf
( SERVES 6 )
The vegetables are roasted then formed into a loaf. Great served with a raita (Greek yoghurt, diced cucumber and mint) and /or a fruit chutney. Pinot Gris is the perfect wine match.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly oil a 6-8 cup loaf pan. Lightly oil a roasting pan.
- Cut the peeled vegetables into 2cm cubes. Place in the roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toss to coat then season. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion in the remaining oil until tender. Add the Moroccan spices, fennel seeds and chilli.
- Place the cashew nuts and drained chick peas in the food processor. Blend until puréed.
- Combine the roasted vegetables, onion, purée and eggs in a bowl. Spoon into the oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until set and golden. Turn the loaf onto a serving dish. Serve sliced either warm or at room temperature.
See more of Jan's roast recipes