Red lentil and cheese loaf
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat the oven 190°C. Brush a 3-cup loaf pan with oil.
- Sauté the onion in the oil, until soft.
- Place the lentils in a saucepan with the water. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. The lentils will cook to a mash. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the onion, cheese, parsley, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Season. Lastly, add the egg. Press the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden and the mixture feels firm.
- Stand the loaf for 10 minutes in the pan before turning it out. Serve hot or cold.
See more of Jan's lentil recipes