Vegan banana bread
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
The more ripe the bananas the better for this loaf. Eat fresh from the oven while it is still warm, or if you leave it a day or two try toasting it. Choose your favourite topping; a good dollop of coconut yoghurt and fresh banana is just perfect.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Into a kitchen processor place the bananas, oil and sugar and blitz until smooth.
- Into a bowl place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and the half cup of nuts, combining well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one and stir well. Pour into a loaf tin and sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake for 35 minutes until a skewer comes out just clean.one and stir well. Pour into a loaf tin and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Cool, slice and serve with your favourite toppings.