Pumpkin and chickpea curry
( SERVES 4 )
This super slow-cooker vegetable curry is heaven to come home to on a winter weeknight.
|2 Tbsp||Canola oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Freshly grated ginger|
|3 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté the onion until limp then add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and cumin seed. Cook for 1 minute. Tip into a slow cooker.
- Cut the pumpkin into 3 cm chunks. Add to the cooker with the chickpeas, tomatoes and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until limp.
- Serve on rice or with pappadums.