Sticky coconut black rice with mango puree
( SERVES 4 )
|1 cup||Black glutinous rice|
|¾ cup||Coconut cream|
|2 Tbsp||Desiccated coconut|
|2 Tbsp||Soft brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1||Lime, finely grated zest|
|1||Star anise, (optional)|
|1||Mango, sliced, or canned mango, for serving (optional)|
- To make Mango Purée, drain the mangos, reserving the syrup. Whizz the drained mangoes and lime juice together. Set aside until needed.
- Rinse rice well under cold water. Drain well and place in a pot with ½ cup of the coconut cream and the coconut, sugar, vanilla, zest, star anise, if using, and salt.
- Stir enough water into the reserved syrup to bring it up to 1½ cups and add to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer, stir with a fork, cover and cook on lowest heat until rice is al dente and liquid has absorbed (1 hour).
- Stir in most of the remaining coconut cream and leave to cool.
- Serve topped with Mango Purée, mango slices and a drizzle of reserved coconut cream.
See more of Annabel's perfect rice recipes: