( MAKES 6 )
Mainland Noble cheese is a versatile, low-fat tasty cheese and won the 2019 Champion Cheddar Award.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and chives in a medium bowl.
- Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add the cheese and lightly mix. Stir in the buttermilk and mix to combine.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently 2-3 times. Pat or roll into 2cm thick piece about 21cm square.
- Cut into 2.5cm strips. Tie each into a loose knot. Place on an ungreased baking tray then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with the extra chives. Best served warm.
See more of Jan's winning cheese recipes: