One-dish crushed potatoes with rocket and salmon
( SERVES 4 )
This simple one-dish dinner also makes a great salad served cold for lunch the next dayFor the best boiling potatoes, choose a waxy or smooth textured variety or even easier, Pam’s All Purpose white washed potatoes. They’re low in starch so hold their shape well when boiled. And try them cleaned and cooked with the skin still on to retain all the best nutrients!
|1 large handful||Flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped|
|1 handful||Mint leaves, roughly chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 serving||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
Potatoes and salmon
- Make the dressing, place the herbs, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the potatoes, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 20 minutes until tender. (This will depend on the size of your potatoes).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the rocket and add to the dressing along with the spring onions.
- Drain the potatoes, then roughly cut or crush them lightly with the back of a spoon or a potato masher and add to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Place in a shallow serving bowl, layering with the salmon. Cut the remainder of the lemon into rough wedges for squeezing.
See more of Kathy's simple dinner recipes