Wicked brownie fudge bars
( SERVES 8 )
It’s important you use a thick Greek yoghurt for this recipe, I used ground almonds for coeliac instead of oats.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin then also line with greaseproof paper, to enable easy extraction after cooking and cooling.
- In a small saucepan heat coconut oil until hot, then add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted. Fold in yoghurt then mix in vanilla and coconut sugar. Set aside.
- For Coeliac: Mix the ground almonds with the salt and baking soda then fold into brownie mix.
Non Coeliac: In a blender process desiccated oats, salt and baking soda until resembling the consistency of flour. Fold oat flour into brownie mix.
- Spread now-thick mixture into prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove brownie from oven then evenly scatter over dried strawberries. Lay a piece of greaseproof paper over the top and gently press strawberry slices into the warm brownie. Allow to cool completely in the tray.
- Turn out onto a board and cut into manageable-size brownie bars. Serve chilled or warm briefly in the microwave.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
See more from Simon: