Green vegetable stir-fry
( SERVES 4 )
Serve with your favourite noodles, drizzled with a little sesame oil and topped with some toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: You can buy crushed chilli and ginger in a tube in the vegetable section of New World. If you are gluten-free, use tamari soy sauce.Green veg are enjoying a plentiful season right now, so you'll get some great deals at New World on broccoli as an everyday favourite. Or try something new and go for Bellaverde broccoli it's the longer, thin stemmed variety that is tender and sweeter in taste. You can even grow it easily at home!
- In a jug, mix together the chilli, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar and honey.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and stalks and stir-fry with a splash of water until bite-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, spinach and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Check vegetables are cooked to your liking. Pour in the sauce and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Serve straightaway with your favourite cooked noodles.
- Pairs well with extra toppings, a few sliced shiitake mushrooms or some raw prawn cutlets. To cook heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok or frying pan and add the prawns. Stir-fry until they turn pink, then remove from the wok. Return to the wok just before serving.
See more of Kathy's simple dinner recipes: