Gluten-free bacon and egg pie
( SERVES 4 )
Squeeze the seeds out of the tomatoes if they are very watery. Ensure the bacon is gluten-free.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 21cm x 21cm cake pan.
- Microwave the potatoes until just cooked. Cut into cubes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly into a 25-26cm square. Line the base and the sides of the cake pan with the pastry.
- Place the potatoes, bacon, peas and tomatoes evenly over the base. Break in the eggs spacing them evenly over the ingredients. Season. Trim the pastry edges.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the pie is just set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a main. Or cut into small squares and serve as finger food.
See more of Jan's gluten-free recipes: