Spaghetti with Puttanesca Sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Puttanesca sauce is about as tasty as they come.
It’s quick to prepare, absolutely delicious and should become a regular in your culinary repertoire.
Parmesan cheese for grating
a handful of roughly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the pasta.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the chilli, onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes until softened.
- Add the olives, oregano, capers and tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down to a sauce-like consistency.
- While the sauce simmers away, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until fully coated. Loosen the sauce with some pasta water if needed and then serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan and Italian flat-leaf parsley.