Red kiwifruit coulis and custard cheesecake
( SERVES 8 )
Red kiwifruit are eye-catching additions atop cheesecakes or pavs.
|¼ cup||Boiling water|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Lemon rind, finely grated|
|250 g||Cream cheese, at room temperature|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese, at room temperature|
|1 Tbsp||Custard powder|
- Line the base of a 18cm spring-form cake pan with baking paper.
- Finely crush the biscuits and sugar in a food processor. Place in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Tip the mixture into the cake pan and press evenly with the flat base of a drinking glass. Chill.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water.
- Whip the cream, caster sugar and lemon rind in another bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta and custard powder together. Stir in the dissolved gelatine. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon evenly on to the chilled base smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan. Decorate the top with a circle of kiwifruit slices. Purée the remainder and add the liqueur, if using. Serve with wedges of the cheesecake.
See more of Jan's autumn fruit recipes