( MAKES 12 )
Something you can dress up if need be or just keep it nice and simple. These cheese straws are just that, delicious just as they are or simply taken to the next level with a tasty chutney, rocket and prosciutto. They make an impressive pre dinner nibble to have with drinks, perfect for Easter entertaining.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl (or in a food processor) add the Parmesan, flour and butter; rub together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Season generously with black pepper and combine again.
- Add the egg and combine to bind the mixture together then kneed to a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board to about 2 cm and cut into strips.
- Place the straws on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 15-20 mins or until crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
See Simon's recipe to take these to the next level