Fresh pineapple pickle for ham
( MAKES 2.5 CUPS )
Recipe inspired by a visit to Hobbiton. Great served with baked ham.
|2 cups||Pineapple, peeled and diced fresh pineapple|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|½ cup||Pineapple juice|
|1||Lemon, finely grated rind and juice|
|¼ cup||Rice wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||Chilli flakes|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
- Place the pineapple and garlic I a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped.
- Pour into a saucepan. Add the pineapple juice, lemon rind and juice
- Vinegar, sugar, chilli flakes, salt and turmeric. Bring to the boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour and water until smooth. Stir into the pineapple mixture cooking until thick.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be refrigerated in a covered jar for up to a week.
See more of Jan's winning Autumn recipes