Fennel, orange and cucumber salad
- Finely slice the fennel on a mandolin and plunge into cold water.
- Cut the oranges into segments taking care to remove all the pith.
- Using a potato peeler take most of the skin off the cucumber, then slice ribbons off avoiding the seeds.
- Drain the fennel and pat drain, place it in a large bowl, add the oranges and the cucumber.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Mix together the dijon, honey and 1 Tbsp water with a whisk then slowly drizzle in the olive oil continuing to whisk till you have a mayonnaise consistency.
- Still whisking add the cider vinegar and lemon juice.
Pair the salad with Simon's barbecued blue cod