BBQ blue cod with smoked paprika and orange butter
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Cooking fish fillets like this on the BBQ is super simple and fun to do. If you don’t have blue cod, you can use the likes of snapper, terakihi or gurnard.
- Make 4 30x30cm squares from tin foil and place a fish fillet in each.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the butter, paprika, orange zest and chives.
- Divide the butter mix over each of the fish fillets and pinch the foil together to form a parcel.
- Heat the BBQ, place the parcels on and cook. Keep and eye on the parcels, they shouldn’t take too long to cook and timing is really dependent on each BBQ as they are all so different temperature wise. Be careful too when opening the parcels with steam coming out.
- Serve the parcels with a Fennel, orange and cucumber salad.
Pair the fish with the perfect salad by Simon