Plum, apple and cinnamon nut crumble
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and prepare baking dish approximately 18cm x 30cm.
- Put apples, water and coconut sugar in a large pot and cook over a medium heat for 10–15 minutes until the apples are just soft. Cool in the remaining liquid.
- Melt butter in a large pot, or in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Add oats, coconut, nuts and coconut sugar; stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Put apples (remove the cinnamon quill) and plums in the baking dish.
- Load on the crumble topping, which should clump together to make nice big crunchy bits when cooked. 7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
See Simon's other crumble recipe