Panna cotta with raspberry sauce
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Place the gelatin in a dish of cold water to soften; this should take about 5 minutes
- Pour the milk, cream and add the sugar to a saucepan, bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the soaked, drained gelatin (make sure you squeeze out all the excess water).
- Pass through a fine sieve into a pouring jug.
- Add lemon zest.
- Set 6 glasses on their sides in a used egg carton and pour in equal amounts of the panna cotta mix so the mix will set on an angle.
- Carefully transfer the carton to the fridge to set the mixture.
- When ready to serve, purée the raspberries in a blender to a sauce consistency and carefully pour into the panna cotta glasses.
See more of Simon's Italian recipes