Beer dough pizza
( SERVES 6 )
Beer adds deliciousness to the dough.
Beer dough base
|3 cups||High grade flour|
|2¼ tsp||All-purpose yeast|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
Prawn pizza topping
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in an electric food mixer. Stir until well combined.
- Warm the beer slightly then stir in the yeast. Stand in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix using a dough hook until it forms a dough ball.
- Tip onto a lightly floured bench. Knead until smooth and not sticky. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with film. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight to rise.
- Punch the dough down and allow to rise until doubled in size. Divide the dough in half. (One half can be returned to the fridge overnight, if required.)
- Pat or roll into two 30cm rounds and place in two lightly oiled pizza pans.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. (The dough will rise a little while preparing the topping.)
- Spread the bases with the tomato paste or onion marmalade then top with remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden and the base is cooked.
See more of Jan's beer essentials