Orange, chilli poached prawns on kumara steaks with avocado smash
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Prawns are such a handy ingredient to have on hand, keep a bag in the freezer and you’ve always got a meal in the making. This dish is a meal in itself and not only that is it low in carbs, but it's also refined sugar-free! Dare I say it – grab yourself some prawns and give these a go.
|500 g||Prawn cutlets|
|2 cups||Fish stock|
|2||Oranges, zest and juice|
|1||Red chilli, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Black sesame seeds|
|1 large||Orange kumara|
- In a saucepan heat the fish stock, add the prawns and poach till just cooked, drain, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the orange zest and juice, chilli, olive oil and sesame seeds.
- Pour the sauce over the prawns and gently mix to combine.
- To serve place a kumara steak on each serving plate, top with avo smash, prawns and coriander to garnish.
- Pre heat your oven 200°C.
- Slice the kumara to about 2cm thick, you’ll need 4 steaks
- Bake on an oven tray (lined with baking paper), turning every five minutes until browned on the surface and soft in the middle, for approximately 20 - 30 min. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork
- Add the spring onion, lemon juice, smoked paprika, orange zest and salt to taste.
- Mix well to combine.