Roasted plums in parmesan nests
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Stone and halve the plums then place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Drizzle over the honey and grind over a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for about 20mins.
- While the plums are roasting place a piece of baking paper on a paper plate or microwave-safe dinner plate.
- Spread a small amount of grated or shredded Parmesan cheese into a circle on the baking paper.
- Microwave on full power for about 25 to 35 seconds. The wafers should be lightly browned.
- Let them cool slightly then drape over the underside of mini muffins tins to make the nests.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Separate layers with wax paper.
- When ready to serve place a price of the roasted plum in the Parmesan nest and top with a basil leaf.
See Simon Gault's other cheesey fruit combo