Salmon, basil, ricotta and cherry tomato tart
( SERVES 4 )
- Press pastry sheets slightly overlapping into the base of a 34cm x 11cm rectangular fluted tart pan with removable base. Trim edges.
- Blind bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 8-10 minutes (see tip). Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 200°C.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parmesan, basil and John West Pink Salmon in a bowl.
- Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over base of tart.
- Press in tomatoes cut side up and sprinkle with diced capsicum.
- Spray with oil and sprinkle tomatoes with a small amount of salt.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Cool slightly before removing from tart pan. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
TIP: To blind bake, simply cover pastry base and sides of the pastry with baking paper and top with dry uncooked rice or baking beads. This will prevent the base of the Pastry from rising.