Bitoque steak with egg and sauteed potato
( SERVES 2 )
- Heat a non-stick saute pan with the first amount of butter, place down the slices of potato and fry until golden on both sides, drain on kitchen towel and season.
- Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil.
- Season the steak with sea salt, fry the steak evenly on both sides to your liking, then rest on a wire rack.
- In the same pan - but not too hot - melt the second amount of butter and garlic, place an egg poaching ring into the pan and pop in the egg to fry, basting the butter over the egg.
- When almost cooked, add the paprika and wine, swirl around baste over the egg, remove from the heat.
- Place the steak on a heated plate, spoon over the garlic butter, top with the egg and serve the sauteed potatoes alongside.