Zucchini with mint and chilli
( SERVES 4 )
|1 cup||Chickpeas, drained|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|½||Lemon, juice only, use more to taste|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
- To make the chickpea puree, place the chickpeas and garlic in the bowl of a small food processor along with the lemon juice.
- Puree to break up the chickpeas, then drizzle in the olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and keep in the fridge. Makes 1 ½ cups.
- To make the dressing, place the sherry vinegar, olive oil and chilli in a screw top jar and season with salt. Screw on the lid and shake well. Remove the lid and add the mint and check seasoning.
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise then cut into large pieces. Heat a large frying pan or barbecue hot plate over medium heat. Add the butter and as it sizzles place in the zucchini, skin-side-down. Cook turning once until golden and tender but still with a little bite. Remove from the pan to a shallow serving bowl.
- Shake the dressing before pouring over the zucchini. Serve with the chickpea puree and flatbread or crusty bread. A simple tomato and basil salad would be great here too.
See another one of Kathy's dinner recipes