Roasted nuts and garlic and sesame pita crisps
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 cups||Brazil nuts|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Smoked kelp, (look out for the pacific Harvest brand)|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|2 Tbsp||Chilli powder|
|1||Lemon, (finely grated zest off lemon)|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put the nuts into a large bowl. Pour over the oil and sprinkle with kelp and salt to taste.
- Add chilli powder and the lime zest, then mix together with your hands until the nuts are well covered.
- Spread onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove, let cool then store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Halve then slice the pita breads into bite-sized pieces.
- Put into a large bowl. Grate the garlic over then drizzle generously with avocado oil. Sprinkle with paprika, sesame seeds and salt. Toss well with your hands.
- Spread out on baking trays and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden, turning once. Let cool before storing in an airtight container.