Gluten-free chocolate brownie, with cricket flour and black ants
( SERVES 12 )
Photo by Eat Crawlers
Nothing beats a good, perfectly fudgy, chocolate brownie, except a gluten free one made with Cricket Flour that is. The team at Eat Crawlers have kindly shared this unique recipe with us, to find out more about edible insects go to the Eat Crawlers website. https://www.eatcrawlers.co.nz/
- Heat oven to 160C. Grease and line a square tin with baking paper.
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar and mix in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, cricket flour and baking powder and mix well. Stir though the extra chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just cooked. A little longer if you like a dryer brownie, a little less if you like a gooey one!
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
See more of Eat Crawler's recipes for cooking with insects