Gluten-free apricot crumble cake
A tangy delight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm round springform cake pan.
- Place the dry crumble ingredients in a large bowl. Rub the butter in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Place aside.
- To make the cake, place the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Gently stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Spoon into the prepared cake pan.
- Halve and stone the apricots. Arrange on top of the cake mixture cut-side up. Sprinkle evenly with the crumble.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is lightly golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream or yoghurt.
See more of Jan's stone fruit summer recipes