Curried potato samosas
( MAKES 12 )
Prepare ahead up until the baking stage. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Steam the potatoes until just tender. Cool then cut into small dice.
- Sauté the onion in a tablespoon of oil on low heat until softened. Add the spices and cabbage and sauté until the cabbage has wilted. Add the potatoes and yoghurt and stir well. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Brush 1 sheet of filo with the oil. Top with two more oiled filo sheets. Cut into quarters lengthwise — each length should be about 7.5cm wide. Place a good tablespoon of the potato mixture at one end. Fold the pastry over on the diagonal to form a triangle and cover the filling. Continue folding the pastry over and over maintaining the triangle shape. Place on the baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining filo to make a total of 12 samosas. Brush with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and hot. Excellent served with yoghurt and/or a chutney.
See more of Jan's special wrap recipes