Strawberry and pomegranate loaf
( SERVES 8 )
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|180 g||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon, zest only|
|1||Orange, zest only|
|200 g||Plain flour|
|¼ cup||Ground almonds|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Strawberries, roughly chopped, extra to decorate|
|½ cup||Pomegranate seeds, (arils) plus extra to decorate|
|1 pottle||Greek yoghurt, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20cm x 9cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then the zest. Fold through the flour, almonds and baking powder. Stir through the milk.
- Gently fold through the berries and pomegranate. Spoon into the loaf tin and place into the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Remove from the tin.
- For the icing, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cake and allow to set for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with extra strawberries and pomegranate seeds. Serve sliced with yoghurt.
See more of Angela's recipes for Summer