Quick chicken and cashew curry
( SERVES 4 )
This easy curry has a strong resemblance to butter chicken, so the kids enjoy eating it as much as the cook does making it.
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|2 cm||Fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|2 Tbsp||Curry powder, heaped ones|
|700 g||Skinned and boned chicken thighs, diced|
|1 can||Pams diced tomatoes, 400g|
|½ cup||Cashew nuts, finely ground|
|½ cup||Natural yoghurt, unsweetened|
|1 large bunch||Coriander, for serving|
|4 servings||Basmati rice|
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger in butter in a heavy-based frying pan for 3-4 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add cumin, curry powder and salt and stir to incorporate, then add chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the ground cashew nuts and yoghurt. When it comes back to the boil, remove from heat.
- Serve with plenty of fresh coriander and steamed rice.