Blushing Xmas slice
( MAKES 32 squares )
Ensure the candy canes are finely chopped.
For the slice
|250 g||Malt biscuits, crushed finely|
|2 Tbsp||Dark cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Mixed peel, or sultanas|
|½ can||Sweetened condensed milk, 375g can size|
|100 g||Butter, chopped|
|150 g||Dark chocolate, chopped|
|4 drops||Peppermint essence, use up to 5 drops|
For the topping
- Lightly grease a 28cm x 20cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the crushed biscuits with the cocoa powder and peel in a large bowl.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, butter and chocolate together in a large microwave bowl. Cook on high power in 30 second bursts, until just melted. Mix well. Stir in the peppermint essence. Pour over the biscuit combo and mix well.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and Kremelta for the topping in a bowl. Melt over simmering water or in the microwave. Mix well. Cool a little then pour over the base. Chill for a few minutes then make marks on the top every 4cm where you intend to cut the base into squares. Sprinkle a little candy cane onto each square. Chill for at least 3 hours before cutting. Dust with raspberry powder.
More of Jan's edible gifts