Herby barbecued eggplant
( SERVES 4 )
I used the award-winning Juno Olive Oil made with olives crushed with lemons.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and stand for an hour to allow the flavours to blend.
- Cut the eggplant into 1cm-1.5cm thick slices lengthwise.
- Brush both sides well with the olive oil combo.
- Barbecue on the grill or hotplate for about 2-3 minutes each side, until tender.
- Serve as an accompaniment or top with dollops of fresh mozzarella to make a tasty vegetarian meal.
More of Jan's barbecue recipes