Super scallop and salmon paella
( SERVES 4 )
- Bring the stock to the boil. Combine the saffron with a 1/4 cup of the stock. Stand for a few minutes to infuse.
- Dice the onion. Halve, seed and dice the capsicum.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, until soft. Add the garlic. Sprinkle the rice into the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remainder of the boiling stock, together with the tomatoes and saffron mixture. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and cook, without stirring, for about 12 minutes, until the rice has absorbed most of the stock.
- Add the scallops, salmon and spring onion leaves to the rice and season with salt and pepper. Cover and steam for about five minutes, until the scallops and salmon are cooked.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs and lemon, if preferred.
Check out these other light lunch ideas from Jan