( SERVES 4 )
The eggplant slices can be baked in advance. Have the remaining ingredients prepared, ready for a fast meal in 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Trim the stalk ends from the eggplants. Cut each eggplant into 2-2.5cm-thick slices lengthwise. There should be 8 lengths. Place on the baking tray and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and turn the oven setting to grill.
- Spread each eggplant slice with 2-3 tablespoons of the pasta sauce. Top with the mozzarella, spinach and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Grill for about 5 minutes until bubbling. Serve hot.
Check out these other light lunch ideas from Jan: