( SERVES 4 )
This meal is perfect to make and freeze ahead. It can be reheated in the microwave.
- Sauté the onion in the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, until softened. Add the garlic and minced beef, stirring well with a fork. Cook, until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked. Season. Cool.
- Meanwhile, halve the capsicums lengthwise. Deseed and devein. Blanch in batches in boiling water. Refresh in icy water. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine the rice and meat sauce. Pack into the capsicums. Wrap individually in plastic film. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw the required number of capsicums in the microwave or fridge. To heat, cover and microwave for 3-4 minutes per capsicum.
More of Jan's freeze-ahead meals