Baked asparagus and cheese rolls
( MAKES 24 )
A variation on the Southland cheese roll.
- Drain the asparagus well.
- Slice the crusts from the bread. Roll each slice thinly.
- Combine the cheese with enough sour cream to make a smooth but not runny mixture. Season.
- Spread each bread slice with the mixture, place an asparagus spear on each, and roll up firmly.Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the rolls all over with the melted butter and roll in the grated parmesan. Place on the baking paper, seam-side down. Bake for about 10 minutes, turn over and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
More of Jan's canned food recipes