Pistachio and rosewater ice cream
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This sublime pistachio ice cream with a hint of rosewater is a favourite of mine. This is an alternative way of making ice cream with no chance of your custard curdling. Serve in small Turkish glasses or in crisp, crunchy cones.
- Into a medium size pot, pour the milk, cream and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Combine the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of rosewater, then add to the cream mixture, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove and cool.
- Fold through the yoghurt.
- If using an icecream maker, pour the mixture in along with the pistachios and churn until frozen. Alternatively, freeze for 2 hours, beat, then refreeze.
- Garnish with a few extra pistachios.
More of Angela's Turkish recipes