Rob’s chocolate marquise
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This impressive-looking chocolate marquise is to die for but is actually very simple to make. It comes from my Rob Hob-Ede, my right-hand man at my restaurant Giraffe, who is a super-talented pastry chef.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and icing sugar till thick and pale. This should take approximately five minutes.
- Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water, add the chocolate and melt. Add the butter, one cube at a time, whisking with each addition. Remove from the pot and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Beat the cream and vanilla paste to soft peaks, add the orange liqueur.
- Combine the chocolate and whipped egg yolks then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a terrine mould or loaf tin lined with plastic film and refrigerate for three hours before turning out.
- Slice and serve with creme fraiche and fresh mint.
Another stylish chocolate treat