Pork fillet with red cabbage
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Some leftover potatoes have helped to make this pork fillet into a cook-in-one-pan meal. I’ve then sliced the fillet and served it in the same dish — perfect. Remember if the pork fillet is a little pink it will be extra succulent and tender.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped thyme|
|1||Green apple, cored and sliced|
|8||New potatoes, boiled and halved|
|3 cups||Shredded red cabbage|
|½||Orange, use the juice only|
|½ cup||White wine|
|1 tsp||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a heavy frying pan. Brown the pork on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for 3 minutes to soften. Add the fennel seeds and chopped thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the apple, potatoes, cabbage, orange juice, wine, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the apple starts to soften and the cabbage wilts.
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables with the thyme stalks, then place into the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Let the pork sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
More of Angela's one-pot meals