Beans topped with herb crumb
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Serve these beans with my lamb rump with Mocroccan dukkah.
For the beans with herb crumb topping
|1 Tbsp||Capers, salted, soaked in water, drained and finely diced|
|1||Shallot, very finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh italian parsley, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Dill, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Cider vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|½ cup||Garlic crouton crumbs, recipe below|
|2||Eggs, boiled, crumbled|
For the garlic croutons
- Preheat grill to 180C.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water, drain and plunge in ice water. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl combine capers, shallot, parsley, dill, lime juice, cider vinegar and mustard, season with salt flakes and pepper. Mix together well and pour over the beans.
- Blend the croutons into a rough crumb, sprinkle over along with the eggs.
- Grill till golden.
- For the garlic croutons: Preheat oven to 180C
- Drizzle garlic oil over bread slices then sprinkle with herb salt and roast on oven trays for 10 minutes, or until just starting to go golden.
- Remove and cool. Store leftovers in an airtight container.