Mushroom soup with salmon bruschetta
( SERVES 4 )
A comforting, easy to whip-up food-processor soup.
|500 g||Button mushrooms, white|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Celery stalks, chopped|
|4||Parsley sprigs, stalks removed|
|2 tsp||Fresh thyme|
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
For the bruschetta
- Brush the mushrooms clean if necessary. Place in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in large saucepan and add the mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the onion, celery, parsley and thyme in the food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add to the saucepan. Increase the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion has lost its raw onion taste.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Purée in the food processor or with a hand blender, until smooth.
- Meanwhile toast the ciabatta and brush with olive oil. Break up the salmon and pile on the toasts. Can be served beside the soup or carefully float on top. Use a spoon and fork to pull it apart while enjoying.
More of Jan's soups