( SERVES 4 )
This dish is best enjoyed warm.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Halve the nashi lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the cores. Trim off the stems. Place the nashi — cut-side down — on a board. With a sharp knife, make thin (5mm) parallel cuts almost through to the base.
- Place — cut-side down — in a baking dish just large enough to hold the nashi in a single layer.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the nashi.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until tender, basting occasionally. Great served with whipped cream.
More of Jan's Autumn eats