Semi-dried tomato roast chicken
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Gently tease the skin over the chicken breast away from the flesh and carefully stuff thesemi-driedd tomatoes under the skin.
- Roll the chicken in the chopped herbs to coat.
- In a large pan, heat the butter and olive oil then saute the chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, breast side up, season with flaky salt and pepper, pour over the juices from the saute pan and roast for 1 hour or till chicken is cooked.
- Rest the chicken for at least 10 minutes then carve and serve with mash and corn and turmeric sauce.
More from Simon's Sunday roast